Assistant Groundsperson - Colliers Park, Wrexham [FAW Trust]
- Status: Full Time
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Colliers Park, Wrexham
- Responsible to: Head of Grounds Maintenance
The FAW Trust is the body responsible for football development in Wales. We are seeking to appoint a reliable and conscientious person to maintain standards of our facilities and pitches in Colliers Park.
Purpose of the job
Under the general direction of the Head of Grounds Maintenance, to maintain the facilities at Colliers Park. This is a high profile and prestigious site requiring facilities of the highest standard.
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail,
- Confidentiality is critical;
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to work as part of a team;
- Must be self-motivated;
- Ability to work to high standards, flexible, with an ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure;
- Experience of working in a similar role would be advantageous.
Professional competence / Qualifications essential to the job
- A Minimum of GCSE Standard is required;
- NVQ Level 2 In Sports Turf or Equivalent;
- Driving license;
- Awards in the safe use of Pesticides Applications Modules PA1, PA2 & PA6 is desirable.
- Prepare and maintain the sports facilities in accordance with the annual maintenance programme;
- Maintain general landscaping areas as directed by Head of Grounds Maintenance;
- Deputise for Head of Grounds Maintenance;
- Liaise with Head of Grounds Maintenance and others to support planned facility use and ensure required standards are achieved;
- Operate pitch irrigation systems;
- Undertake minor and routine maintenance of building(s) as directed;
- Be fully knowledgeable of and adhere to the health and safety regulations in the area of responsibility;
- Check facilities, plant buildings and equipment to ensure safe working practices and health and safety legislation compliance;
- Ensure all materials and equipment are correctly stored, maintained and serviced;
- Actively promote safe practices of self and others;
- Support the efficient use of resources;
- Cutting with cylinder and rotary mowers;
- Aeration of pitches with various equipment;
- Preparation of pitches to include: cutting, marking, divotting, brushing, rolling;
- Any other duties as required.
This job description covers the main duties of the post holder. From time to time, other duties may be required, commensurate with the grade of the post and the needs of the organisation.
• Applications must be submitted to Lucy Scott, Facility Manager, by the application deadline of 17.00, Thursday 14 March 2019.
• Applications received after this date will not be considered.
• In order to apply, please send a current curriculum vitae and a statement of suitability.
• Applications should be sent to the email address; email@example.com, clearly marking the subject of the email: ‘Assistant Groundsperson”.