Acorn by Synergie is delighted to be working with Football Association Wales to appoint their next Chairperson. The Football Association of Wales (FAW) was founded in Wrexham in February 1876 and is the third oldest association in the world that is responsible for the governing of football in Wales.
The purpose of the Chair is to oversee the effective governance of the organisation and providing strong strategic insight and commercial acumen to ensure the Board fulfils its duties and responsibilities and has maximum impact for football in Wales. Principle responsibilities will include but not limited to:
* Lead the Board in setting strategy and ensuring targets are achieved
* Ensure the Board regularly reviews major risks and associated opportunities
* Ensure that the Board fulfils its duties to ensure sound financial health of the Association
* Ensure the Association fulfils its objectives as set out under the Rules
* Ensure the Board observes high standards of corporate governance and acts in accordance with the Articles of Association and all decisions comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Association
* Ensure that the governance arrangements are working in the most effective way for the Association
Efficiency and Effectiveness
* Chair meetings of the Board effectively and efficiently
* Ensure that all Board members are fully engaged and that decisions are taken in the best, long-term interests of the Association and football in Wales
* Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and develop and maintain an open and supportive relationship
* A track record of successful delivery at Board level, either in an executive or non-executive capacity, within a large and/or complex organisation
* General interest and enthusiasm for sport and an understanding of the positive impact and a strong appreciation of the role that sport can play in society
* Strong strategic insight and commercial acumen
* Demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to the FAW and its strategic objectives
* Demonstrate strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities
* Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively
* Strong networking capabilities that can be utilised for the benefit of the company
* Ability to foster and promote a collaborative team environment
* Ability to speak Welsh would be advantageous but not essential
Your time commitment will average 2 days per month. Meetings held in venues between North and South Wales with option to join virtually.
Term of office: 4 years (with mid-term review)
Voluntary position with travel expenses and subsistence paid.
Application deadline: 3rd April
You will find a candidate pack on the Acorn website with more information and details of how to apply.