- JOB TITLE: Competitions Coordinator
- REPORTING TO: Senior Competitions Manager
- CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent , Full time
- LOCATION: Flexible Office Location – Hensol, Vale of Glamorgan / Dragon Park – Newport / Colliers Park – Wrexham
- SALARY: £18,500
The Competitions Coordinator is responsible for the general administrative and clerical tasks for all members of the domestic competitions department.
The Competitions Coordinator will also provide support across the department with league and/or cup competition football administration.
The job description giving full details can be downloaded here:Download role description
THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF WALES (FAW)
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, including the Welsh Premier League and all International Teams. Founded in 1876 the FAW is the third oldest Association in the World, founder members of FIFA and UEFA, and together with the other British Associations is one of the Board Members of the International Football Association Board (IFAB).
The FAW is governed by a Board of Directors made up of an Independent Chair, the CEO, two Independent Non-Executives, the four Officers of the FAW and three elected Members. The FAW Board is responsible to the Shareholders of the FAW called the FAW Council. The Council is made up of elected and nominated representatives from Welsh Football. The FAW Council, with the FAW Executive, manages football related activities through a series of committees. The CEO has the responsibility to manage the business and all staff employed by the FAW.
The FAW is a Limited Company responsible for the development of football in Wales.. With over 100 full time staff and operating in over 50 countries, it has doubled group turnover in the past 5 years to £20m per annum. Its main sources of income are through FIFA, UEFA, grants, sponsorship and TV revenue. The FAW was responsible for bringing the UEFA Champions League final 2017 to Wales; it was then largest sports event in the world in 2017, staged in the smallest city, hosted by the smallest Association and the smallest country since the competition’s creation.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be part of the FAW, the organisation is moving forward with the Our Wales strategy focussing on all areas of the game including participation, grassroots facilities and our pathway for talented players in Wales. We aim to attract the best talent both on and off the pitch and to reward our staff we offer the following competitive benefits:
- Modern office environment
- Healthcare Cash Plan scheme
- Employee social events
- Two tickets to senior international matches
- Opportunities to learn and develop
- Flexibility of work location
- Subsidised gym membership
The Football Association of Wales strives to become a leading employer that reflects the communities of Wales while creating an inclusive, diverse and supportive workplace for all employees. As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications women and individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, Black, Asian, and Mixed-Heritage backgrounds.
Further to this the FAW are actively seeking to increase diversity within our workforce and have established a guaranteed interview scheme. We are committed to ensuring we recruit the best people on the objective basis of their skills, ability and experience. We value the benefits of diversity at work and understand that diversity of perspective and experience can encourage respectful creativity, foster innovation and create opportunities for all.
GUARANTEED INTERVIEW SCHEME APPLICATION
We may offer a guaranteed interview to eligible applicants who wish to opt-in to this scheme.
To be eligible to apply via the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, you must either:
- Consider yourself to have a disability that substantially affects your ability to do normal daily activities,
- be from/part of an ethnic group who do not identify as White British/English/Welsh/Scottish/ Northern Irish.
To be guaranteed an interview under the scheme in your application you need to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifying criteria for the vacancy.
An application under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme is optional, therefore we require you to confirm you are eligible to apply and to confirm that you wish to opt into the scheme, by completing the application form can be downloaded below, this form also provides further information on the scheme.GuaRANTEED INTERVIEW SCHEME APPLICATION FORM
[Please note this form may download directly to your device. Please check your downloads folder.]
The principles of fair and open competition will apply, and appointments will be made on merit.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This role, due to its nature, duties, and responsibilities, will be subject to the successful applicant undergoing a check by the DBS.
APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
- Deadline for applicants is the close of business on Monday 15 August 2022. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- If the FAW receive a high number of applications we reserve the right to close the role early.
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Applications must be supported by a letter detailing why the applicant is suitable for the role, and be accompanied with a current CV. Please also complete the equality & diversity monitoring form by clicking here.
- Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com clearly marking the subject of the email: Competitions Coordinator