Head of People
- Competitive Salary
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, including the Welsh Premier League and all International Teams.
The FAW is a Limited Company responsible for the development of football in Wales.
The FAW established the FAW Trust, a charity with responsibility, under licence, to manage certain activities for the FAW. With over 100 full time staff and operating in over 50 countries, it has doubled group turnover in the past 5 years to £20m per annum.
The FAW is looking for a Head of People to assist the leadership team in delivering the vision and strategic objectives by effectively facilitating the recruitment and development of outstanding people and supporting the leadership team in the management of their teams’ individual and collective performance.
This is a new role, crucial to the continued development of the FAW and ensuring that the organisation has the right structure and size as it continues its transformation.
The Head of People will be responsible for ensuring the FAW is fully compliant with all employment and other HR policies and procedures both up-to-date and available transparently online, and that effective and data compliant systems are in place and used to deliver a suite of reports for the Executive Leadership Team on people-related matters.
- A strategic advisor to the CEO and the FAW Board and Senior Management Team (SMT), you will lead in the in creation a vision and strategy for HR and People Development, and work collaboratively with the team to achieve the strategies and support the overall delivery of the FAW’s business objectives.
- Acting as FAW’s professional lead on all people matters, by overseeing all HR and payroll processes, you will provide expert advice on complex casework, performance, attendance, reward and employee relations issues, as well as providing expert HR guidance on TUPE matters, team structures and change management issues, and lead on People aspects of change processes.
- You will coach and support managers in creating organisational effectiveness, ensuring the FAW’s people practices are market-leading, in-line with business objectives and reflective of its values, and legally compliant.
- You will also represent the FAW at a range of public events and meetings, sometimes during antisocial hours and weekends, establishing and maintaining excellent relationships internally and externally with other Governing Bodies, UEFA and FIFA.
- With proven, extensive experience in a senior HR professional role, you will possess excellent knowledge of employment law and HR best practice, and be experienced in managing TUPE and restructuring activities.
- Possessing a 'can do’ attitude with the ability to solve problems and make informed decisions and challenge appropriately, you will maintain the highest standard of oral and written communication skills.
- You will have a proven track record of successfully managing upwards and downwards, an ability to multi-task, good planning & organisational skills, as well as experience with budget development and management.
- Desirable qualifications and abilities include HR qualification at Level 5 or above; CIPD membership; coaching qualification; Welsh language skills; appropriate IT competencies; and a full driving licence.
For an informal discussion and a copy of the candidate brief, please contact the Goodson Thomas team on 029 2167 4422 or email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Midday, Wednesday 28 October 2020
Final interview: w/c 9 November 2020