Acorn by Synergie is delighted to be working with Football Association Wales to appoint a Non-Executive Director to their Board. The Football Association of Wales (FAW) was founded in Wrexham in February 1876 and is the third oldest association in the world that is responsible for the governing of football in Wales.
As the Non-executive Director you will have a track record in a senior management role ideally at Board level, either in an executive or non-executive capacity, within a large or complex organisation.
Some desirable skills/experience they currently require on their board includes, but not limited to:
* Financial Management
* Human Resources
* Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
* Risk Management
* Strategic Business Planning
Principle responsibilities will include but not limited to:
* Make an effective contribution across the broad areas of the Board's business
* Offer the Board specific guidance and constructive challenge on at least one specialist area of: Legal, Commercial, Human Resources, or Finance
* Work with the Board to add value to the long-term strategic direction of the company
* Support the Chair and Board members on effective high-level decision making
* Provide strategic guidance on challenging operational conditions
* Contribute to the review and evaluation of present and future opportunities
* A track record of successful delivery at senior management
* General interest and enthusiasm for sport and an understanding of the positive impact and a strong appreciation of the role that sport can play in society
* Strong strategic insight and commercial acumen
* Demonstrates a thorough appreciation of the role and purpose of a non-executive director, as distinct from an executive director role
* At least one defined area of expertise: Commercial, Legal, Financial or Human Resources - in addition to broad commercial acumen
* A thorough understanding of corporate governance, risk management and the role Board members must play in ensuring the effective governance of an organisation
* Ability to speak Welsh would be advantageous but not essential
Your time commitment will average 1 day per month minimum. Meetings held in venues between North and South Wales with option to join virtually.
Term of office: 4 years
Voluntary position with travel expenses and subsistence
Application deadline: 3rd April
You will find a candidate pack on the Acorn by Synergie website with more information and details of how to apply.