The FAW’s Community Game Board and National League Board has today (4 January) confirmed that matches can resume for all Adran North and South, Ardal League and Area Association competitions from Saturday 8 January, subject to the FAWs Return to Play protocols being adhered to and any changes in Welsh Government Coronavirus regulations and guidance.
The Welsh Government Coronavirus Regulations do not permit any spectators at professional or elite sporting events and the FAW National League Board acknowledges the significant loss of income that clubs in the Cymru Leagues will face with matches taking place behind closed doors. The Adran Premier clubs are also prevented from having spectators in their stadiums at this current time. The FAW will continue its consultation with those clubs this week before any further decisions are made.
The following protocols were agreed for the resumption of matches during this period:
- Home team will be responsible implementing all reasonable steps to manage spectators within the permitted number (50 outdoors and 30 indoors) for each match. Differentiated guidance in place for enclosed and non-enclosed grounds.
- Both teams will need to agree to participate in any fixtures scheduled under amended Return to Play protocols.
- Teams won’t be sanctioned if they request a fixture postponement due to:
- Positive cases of COVID-19 affecting a team’s ability to fulfil a fixture.
- Unavailability of changing rooms either if they are closed or if 2m social distancing cannot be maintained safely during their use.
- Being unable to manage spectators safely within the permitted number as set out by Welsh Government.
- Teams should request a postponement as early as practically possible to the relevant authority.
The FAW is in regular contact with the Welsh Government on this matter to ensure that they are fully aware of the procedures that are in place for football matches to take place safely during this current stage of the pandemic.
The FAW would like to reiterate the importance of people receiving two doses of the COVID-19 vaccination and the booster vaccine. For more information on vaccinations, please visit Public Health Wales by clicking here.